Top Online Casino Software Providers in Ontario (2023)
The importance of online casino software is often overlooked by new and excited players. The obvious factor would be that without the software of games, there would be nothing to play. However, we are going to discuss the deeper aspects of gaming software and the important role of online casino software providers. Keep reading, if you want to know which software providers made the best Ontario online casinos.
Top Online Casinos with the Best Gaming Software Developers
- Best Software Developers
- Best Slot Developers
- Best Live Developers
- Best Blackjack Developers
- +How We Rate Developers
- Best Games
Best Casino Games Software Developers for Ontario Online Casinos
Top Casino Software Provider for the Best Online Slots Casinos in Ontario
For the market of Ontario, there are approximately 150 gaming companies making slots for the casinos you’re legally allowed to access. This online gambling software varies between providers, with each game maker instilling their own special programming features. When it comes to playing slot games, there is only one thing that unites them all, and that is the simple rules of play. Everything else changes.
Before we can discuss the best slot software providers, you first need to understand why and how the differences between software programming are important. First, the general being of software is important to your experience of gambling. The more variety you have of it, the more dynamic the experience becomes. As a player, the more important rule is to access as much of a variety as possible. This essentially means looking for a casino that houses and partners with more software providers. Forget the game count as an idea of opportunity. The real choice comes from the spectrum of software.
Slot software comes with 3 main facets to it, which entails who are the better software providers:
- RTP%: Return to Player is a programming feature that scores the payout rate of a game when played a million times over. On average, the score for slot games is roughly 96%. Those tied to progressive jackpots tend to be lower at 93%. What this score tells us is that if you spun the reels of a slot a million times; you would win these average percentages back of the money you deposited into the game. Therefore, the higher the RTP the better.
- Volatility: The performance of a game is basically all about the rate of winning. This is known as the volatility of a game. There are 5 settings to which a game can be programmed. Low – Low/Medium – Medium – Medium/High – High. 99% of all slots online come with 1 setting per game. The rare 1% have features that allow you to select the setting. With a Low setting, wins are more frequent, but they are often at a value that is less than the cost of what you wager. With a High setting, wins are less frequent, but should they land, they are at a greater value than what you will have wagered. Medium is a balance of the Low and High settings.
- Gamification: This is all about the value of entertainment. The popularity of slots is all about how it performs, and this is largely in part due to the inclusion of in-game features. Slots are known for their bonus round. Now, these can include features of free spins, multipliers, giant symbols, and wandering wilds, to name a few. The role of these features is to enhance entertainment and boost the potential for success.
With the right mix of all three of these factors, software providers are then able to tap into the important areas of slot development and customer appeal. Those who are masters of this and have countlessly won industry awards in the field of slot and software development are mentioned throughout this software guide.
Top Slot Software Providers:
- Red Tiger
- Play’n GO
Top Casino Software Provider for the Best Live Casinos in Ontario
When it comes to the services and features of a live casino the industry is really a monopoly, with only a handful of live software providers to choose from. Now, the reality is that there is one clear best casino software provider out there and this is Evolution Gaming. They invented and presented the whole live streaming service to the industry. This began back in the late 90s, and still to this day, while others are catching up, Evolution is still ahead when it comes to making next-generation software.
Now, the clear argument is not that they made live casinos happen, but more recently, they were the first live software company to introduce game shows to the market. By then, you had many more developers involved in providing casino games. However, they didn’t think outside of the box. They all focused on providing live blackjack and roulette. What Evolution has done is essentially give players whole new ways of playing games and boosted the potential of winning real money through them.
Since the inception of game shows, other developers have caught on to the trend and interest. More providers are crossing over into this live streaming market and once Virtual Reality software is adopted more into online gambling, there really is no limit to what this area of casino gameplay can do.
Top Live Casino Software Providers:
- Pragmatic Play Live
Top Casino Software Provider for the Best Blackjack Casinos in Ontario
Blackjack can be played in two formats. You have RNG productions, and you have live blackjack. Firstly, RNG is Random Number Generator, and it is a program that allows the digital table and card games to function like their real-world counterparts. Pretty much all RNG-programmed games are the same. When it comes to their online casino software developers, the only change is in the design of the variants made. Now, this is no bad thing. Design plays an important role when it comes to entertaining players and luring them in, in the first place. In the realm of live blackjack, the best providers are no different from whom we have already mentioned as the best live casino software developers. In the world of RNG development, there are several masters when it comes to blackjack RNG games and producing stunning new digital variants.
The Best RNG Blackjack Software Providers:
- Relax Gaming
How do we rate the Top Online Casino Software Providers in Ontario?
We have already mentioned the three main areas of development: RTP, Volatility, and Gamification. In getting software for online casino platforms right, these three areas are essential. There is a ‘But’ to this, and while these three components are important, they don’t define how games are better than others. This is because players are all different and want different things from their games. For example, players on a very tight budget should not even be considering playing High volatility slot games. The win rate is so low, that their budget will be eaten up far too quickly. So, the question is, what qualities should the developers possess to be highly rated?
- Experience: Providers that withstand the test of time are clearly doing something right. Not every developer in the market lasts and some big names have come and gone. Those proving time and time again that they can produce consistently good games are always going to be in demand from players.
- Innovation: Progress in the gambling world is as important as it is within any other industry. If developers get stuck in their ways, they will be left behind. The best developers will always innovate their games by introducing new variants and in-game features. The industry online is still only 20 years old, so it’s still very young with plenty that can be done better through new technologies and software.
- Entertainment: The very reason we all adore gambling services is because we want to be entertained, and if winning is an outcome, then even better. There are no good or bad games, there are just games. Now, whether personal taste means you like or hate them is another issue. But in general, a fantastic game will appeal to every type of player there is. Like a movie, the best ones are loved by the masses.
Let’s look at these factors and other elements in closer detail, and how it all combines to give you the greatest gaming experience online.
The Online Casino Software’s Load Speed
With HTML 5 being introduced across the web in 2017, it allowed casino games to instantly stream from their operating page without the player needing to download additional tools or update software.
The Online Casino Software’s Innovations & Design
Online casino software providers are essentially what keeps the industry alive. Without them, it all collapses within a day. They make the industry fair, they provide entertainment, and they are wholly relied upon to take this brand of online entertainment into the future. How can an industry survive if it does not conform to new technologies and doesn’t innovate? It simply doesn’t survive.
Examples of recent innovation changes in just the last 5 years:
- Bonus Buy
- Live Game Shows
- Drops & Wins™ Tournament
- WowPot™ series
The Gameplay of the Online Casino Software
We are a demanding breed when it comes to games. We what bigger games, more action, more drama, greater opportunities, and kick-ass gaming. And rightly so. Given that we pay for the pleasures, it is only right that we ask for improvements where we see fit. What has been evident over the last decade is that the business has boomed. The effects of this have influenced the cost of play, the size of the prize, and the scale of the experience. Games are bigger, and games are better, and this is all because the software is growing, both technically and through the general evolution of ideas.
The Online Casino Software’s Mobile interface
Harking back to the software of HTML 5. All online casino software providers make their games mobile compatible by default now. This is no longer the late 90s when mobile gaming is new and groovy. Since 2017, it’s been a standard that all casino games can now be played through any Android or iOS smartphone.
The Online Casino Software’s Customer Service Solutions
You might not think it when looking at the best online casino software, but the bounds of tech and its uses are not just limited to gaming. When it comes to Customer Support, it is so important that communication can be had immediately. Casinos are global, they can have members in Ontario, but also out in New Zealand and throughout Europe. Getting hold of a support team should be easy and through reliable methods, at all times of the day. E-mail started it, then software was developed to provide live chat. Then some casino software incorporated contact points through Skype and Whatsapp. Now, casinos online have incorporated social media as an alternative outlet for information and this offers up new contact points. The likes of Twitter and Facebook social media are now common among Ontario online casinos.
Safety and Security of the Online Casino Software
Which is the best online gambling software for safe online casino sites? Well, there is only one brand of trusted security that is used not only by all casinos online but also by other institutional monetary services like banks. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the best on the market. They are either offered as 128-bit or 258-bit encryption safety packages. More commonly, casinos only opt for the 128-bit as it does the job perfectly for what the business is and requires. So far, no other safety software beats this and since adoption by the industry platforms, there has not been one breach of security.
Availability of the Online Casino Software at Top Casinos
The more top online casino software providers you have access to, the greater your experience becomes. There are casinos online that are powered by just one software company, and while their games are great, you are limited to just that experience. Whereas other casinos online come powered by 80 software providers. This exponentially expands the spectrum of software and programming performance you’ve access to, thus giving you far greater gaming experiences. Our tip is to seek out casinos that come powered by 40 or more software providers.
Top Games from Leading Online Casino Software Developers
- NetEnt: Most Popular Game: Starburst. RTP: 96.1%. Volatility: Low. A hugely popular slot game for many years that helped to solidify NetEnt's place among the gaming masters. The video slot comes with a free spin round and 10 paylines that feature on the game's 5 x 3 grid. The low volatility accounts for why winning is so frequent, thusly the reason why the game was so popular.
- Microgaming: Most Popular Game: Mega Moolah. RTP: 88.12%. Volatility: High. Online casino Microgaming software is perhaps one of the most popular to be found. Their progressive jackpot game Mega Moolah is both an innovative masterpiece and a record-breaker. The minimum prize to be won is a million dollars. The highest to have been won is 21 million dollars. Four jackpots are tied to this game and playing at $6.00 per spin betters your chance of triggering the jackpot extra round.
- Playtech: Most Popular Game: Age of the Gods. RTP: 95.02%. Volatility: Medium/High. The progressive jackpot series Age of the Gods™ is one of the largest of its kind. Over 30 games are linked to the same prize money, This online casino Playtech software is of an award-winning standard. Age of the Gods was released in 2016, has a max bet of $500, and contains additional multipliers, wilds, free spins, sticky wilds, and re-spins, to name a few.
- Play’n GO: Most Popular Game: Rich Wilde and the Book of Dead. RTP: 96.21%. Volatility: High. Another top online casino software company is Play’n GO and this game is the perfect example of their influence. Every game you see online that starts with ‘Book of…’ was all because of this game. The max win from this slot is 5,000x your wager. There are only 10 paylines on this 5 x 3 grid, and features include multipliers and free spins.
- Evolution Gaming: Most Popular Game: Lightning Roulette. RTP: N/A. Volatility: N/A. If you want to play the best live casino games, even other online casino software providers would state that no company comes close to Evolution. Their Lightning Roulette game was a brilliant example of the ability to adapt and enhance classic games for a modern audience. The game features multiplier boosters of up to 500x the wagering amount.
- Yggdrasil Gaming: Most Popular Game: Holmes and the Stolen Stones. RTP: 96.8%. Volatility: Low. This is a progressive slot from the Yggdrasil portfolio. It contains wilds, free spins, and multiplier features to boost the potential for success. There are 5 associated jackpots to this game and caps at 30,000. This game was released in 2015 and comes with 20 paylines and has a $4,000 max base game payout.
- IGT: Most Popular Game: Cleopatra. RTP: 95.02%. Volatility: Medium. Set in Ancient Egypt, this slot spinner comes with a max win value that is 10,000x your wager. Originally it was formed as a Slot Cabinet for land casinos and moved online in the early 90s. The features of this game include free spins and a 3x multiplier.
- Novomatic: Most Popular Game: Book of Ra. RTP: 96%. Volatility: High. Hailed as one of the most important games to be made because of its technical innovations. The slot is of age now, with a max win payout of $180,000, and comes with 10 free spins as its bonus feature. A hard game to find among the Ontario casino selection.
- BetSoft: Most Popular Game: Mr. Vegas 2: Big Money Tower. RTP: 96.06%. Volatility: High. A new release launched in 2023, this sequel far outclasses the original. Game features include Bing Money Tower, Mystery Stack Symbols, and up to 15 free spins that also include sticky wilds and random wilds to help boost winning opportunities. The original is okay, but this is unmissable.
- NextGen: Most Popular Game: 300 Shields. RTP: 95.3%. Volatility: High. Embrace the Spartan spirit with this old classic. Released in 2014, this game brought a maximum win payout of 17,773x the wager, which was big for then. Features of this game include free spins and multipliers. The hit rate for this game is 1 in 2, which is why it's NextGen’s most popular game.
- Quickspin: Most Popular Game: Dwarfs Gone Wind. RTP: 96.38%. Volatility: Medium. Stunningly packed with loads of features. You have a multiplier, spreading wilds, throwback wilds, free wilds, full reel wilds, rolling wilds, and extra free spins to help you out. A brilliant slot that plays on a classic 5 x 3 grid with a maximum wagering limit of $100 per spin.
- Thunderkick: Most Popular Game: Lava Lava. RTP: 96.14%. Volatility: High. If you want a scorching game, then look no further. With a max win amount that is 10,000x your wager, Lava Lava, is a game that is boiling. It also comes with multiplier features and Avalanche and Scatter explosions to help increase your balance.
- Ash Gaming: Most Popular Game: Stallion Strike Power Zones. RTP: 92.29%. Volatility: High. Part of the Power Zones series, Stallion Strike is a 15,625 Ways to Win slot game. You can bet between $0.10 and $100 per spin. You can win up to 26,900x your bet value. The main gaming feature is the free spins round and a total of 50 can be won by landing 6 scatters.
- Fugaso: Most Popular Game: Knockout: The Last Fight. RTP: 96.6%. Volatility: High. The slot comes with the now popular 243 Ways to Win feature. It was one of the first slots based on MMA sport. It has a hit rate of 25.04, the max wager is $200 and the unlockable features include sticky wilds and free spins. The game launched in 2019 and is a rare gem to discover.
- iSoftBet: Most Popular Game: Max Quest: The Wrath of Ra. RTP: 96.23%. Volatility: High. Without a doubt, one of, if not, the most important games to be made in the past decade. This is a slot shoot-em-up in the literal sense. Hordes of the undead need killing and direct hits equal wins. This is epic gaming on multiple levels (again, literally). No other game like it, and massively underappreciated.
- Bally: Most Popular Game: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. RTP: 96.1%. Volatility: Low. Yes, you can play the official slot game of the movie comedy blockbuster Anchorman. This game comes with wheels of fortune, a Baxter Wild feature, and a extra round for each of the four main characters. The game also comes with 3 possible jackpots and 117 ways to win.
- NoLimit City: Most Popular Game: Punk Rocker. RTP: 96.11% or 94.118%. Volatility: High. Punk Rocker comes with Dual RTP scoring because the game has an expanding feature that changes the ways to win from 243 in its base game to 46,656. Loads of features in this game include mystery symbols, Molotov wilds, riot respins, and anarchy free spins. This is the game that put NoLimits on the map, so find out why.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Online Casino Software Providers
What is the best online casino software provider in Ontario?
There are many great software companies that are legal in the Ontario market. There is no one great company that outshines all others. The term best is relative. If you were to look at awards won, you then narrow the competition down to NetEnt, Playtech, Microgaming, and Evolution.
How do I choose the best casino with the right gaming software for me?
Choose the type of game you like, whether it’s slots, digital card games, or live tables. Then explore these real money games with the lowest bet values, so you at least get a sense of how they perform. If you love slots, you can use free demo games to help you find the best games for you to play. Ultimately, it is about enjoyment first, and the success of playing second.
Which online casino software providers have the best casino games in Ontario?
Microgaming, NetEnt, Blueprint, Playtech, Play’n GO, Big Time Gaming, Pragmatic Play, and Red Tiger are all equally the best available.
Are all online casino software providers safe and fair?
Yes. All providers are licensed and independently tested to meet the demands of their regulators. Remember, none of the casino games would get online without first passing checks and tests, and these checks and tests continue to be ongoing through industry auditors.
Is there a difference between a casino gaming and a gambling software provider?
The difference between the games you play for real to those you play online is only separated by algorithms. With digital tables, the RNG is produced so games act as if real. With slots, the same functions are used as they were when played as slot cabinets. Prize money online can be larger, as is the choice you have. Live games come with a certain energy that the internet cannot duplicate.